Family Planning Services
The ABCD Family Planning program provides comprehensive, confidential family planning and sexual health counseling, education and medical care for tens of thousands of Boston area residents a year in community health centers, school-based health centers, and hospital primary care programs. Health centers are located in the neighborhoods of Boston, Brighton, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Chinatown, Dorchester, Everett, Jamaica Plain, Malden, Mattapan, Quincy, Revere, Roslindale, Roxbury, Somerville and Waltham.
You can receive ABCD Family Planning services regardless of your age, gender, immigration status or whether or not you have health insurance. All health centers will help you sign up for insurance and refer you for other types of assistance you may need. You may be eligible for free family planning services if you are a teen, if you need confidential services, or if you qualify financially.
WHAT ARE FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES?
The ABCD Family Planning program offers services including:
- Sexual health counseling and education by specially trained counselors who speak your language, including special counseling for teens.
- Pregnancy testing and counseling.
- If you don’t want to get pregnant, all methods of birth control are explained, and you can choose and receive the method that you think will work best for you.
- If you do want to get pregnant, education and services are provided to help you have a healthy pregnancy.
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) counseling, testing, and treatment.
- HIV testing, prevention education, and referrals for care.
- Health exams, pap smears, and other lab tests.
- All services are voluntary (no one will force you to do anything) and confidential: all information you give will be kept between you and your care provider.
ARE YOU A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL?
If you’re a healthcare professional interested in learning more about family planning, visit our Family Planning Training Institute page.