ABCD’s 10th Annual Buona Sera: An Evening with Friends on October 6th, 2022, raised nearly $30,000 for low-income and senior clients of the North End/West End Neighborhood Service Center. Donations arrived just in time for the upcoming holiday season to support hot meal delivery, monthly food baskets and social services.
The Center’s Acting Director, Julia Power, said, “This event continues to exceed our expectations, thanks in no small part to Becky Mattson, Principal of Sagebrook Development, who has served as Buona Sera’s fundraising chair since 2011.” She added, “It was amazing to be back after a three-year hiatus from the COVID-19 pandemic. It really is a high profile event, and we are enthusiastically heading up preparations for year 11. Stay tuned!”
The Buona Sera evening began with a wine reception at WilmerHale followed by dinner at North End restaurant sponsors including Artù, Antico Forno, Assaggio, Arya Trattoria, Boston Sail Loft, La Famiglia Giorgio’s, Mamma Maria, Ristorante Euno, Ristorante Fiore and Ristorante Saraceno.
Participants enjoyed a mild fall evening on the town, along with sparkling conversation with special guests at each table including:
- Aaron Michlewitz, Massachusetts House Ways & Means Chair
- Andrew Raycroft, Boston Bruins Alumni, NESN Bruins Studio Analyst
- Andy Brickley, Boston Bruins Alumni, NESN Bruins Color Commentator
- Arthur Jemison, Chief of Planning Boston Planning & Development Agency
- Courtney Cox, Host, The Greg Hill Show, WEEI
- Gabriela Coletta, Boston City Councilor, District 1
- Greg Hill, Host, The Greg Hill Show, WEEI
- Jay Livingstone, Massachusetts State Representative
- Jermaine Wiggins, New England Patriots Alumni, Host, The Greg Hill Show, WEEI
- Kenzie Bok, Boston City Councilor, District 8
- Lydia Edwards, State Senator
- Michael Christopher, Director of Development Review, Boston Planning & Development Agency