Due to the Massachusetts State of Emergency associated with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, ABCD HEAD START & EARLY HEAD START ARE CLOSED THROUGH MAY 4, 2020. (The date is subject to change.)
A Message to Head Start and Early Head Start Parents:
All ABCD Head Start & Children’s Services programs will be closed through Monday, May 4th, 2020 due to the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus crisis.
Our priority is the health and safety of the children, families, staff and our community, and we feel it is in their best interest to temporarily close our program.
In order to support children and families, we have created the following systems:
- Families can visit ABCDChildren to access materials, information and resources on activities to do at home with children
- Families can visit ABCDParents to access materials on community resources, mental health, parenting, stress and other information
- Families can email HeadStartParents@bostonabcd.org or call 617.348.6995 and leave a message with any questions, concerns, or requests for information about referrals and resources. An ABCD staff member will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
- We intend to distribute food during the closure. We will send more information later this week with detailed information on where you can pick up bagged non-perishable foods.
- If your child is enrolled in extended day, please note that absences will not count towards your 45 day absence limit during the authorization period. Also, please note parent fees will be waived starting today, Monday March 16th, 2020 through Monday May 4th, 2020.
Please make ensure your Family Advocate has your email and phone number. Our Advocate will do our best to contact you and respond in a timely way should you have any urgent needs.
We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time, and we are here to support you and your family.
Vice President, ABCD Head Start & Children’s Services
Please check this page regularly as we will make updates as we have them.