Specialized Childcare

Maybe you’re a teen parent or you’re struggling with homelessness, or your family is experiencing other difficult circumstances. Our Head Start and Early Head Start specialized services can provide superb childcare and early education while you work, look for a job, or pursue your education.

Who Qualifies? foster grandparent with head start grandchild

If you are a parent experiencing homelessness, you may qualify for
specialized services. You’ll need a referral from the Massachusetts
Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).

If your family is Department of Children and Families (DCF)-involved, you may also qualify for a specialized DCF Supportive placement.

Specialized child care openings are available at most Early Head Start and Head Start program locations.