Citizenship and Naturalization
Naturalization is the process of applying to become a U.S. citizen. At ABCD, we offer a range of services at no cost, and we help you every step of the way.
ABCD helps people who meet residency and income requirements. We can also help you apply for fee waivers that eliminate application fees. We encourage you to contact us for more information.
Advice and support on your path to citizenship
Naturalization is the process of applying to become a US citizen. Before you can begin, you’ll have to meet a number of requirements, including:
– You must be at least 18 years old
– You must have had your green card for five years (or three years if you are married to and living with a U.S. citizen spouse)
– You must have lived in the U.S. for the past five years, without extensive travel
– You must have good moral character
– You must be able to read, write, and speak basic English
– You must demonstrate knowledge of U.S. history and government
– You must be willing to take an oath of loyalty to the U.S.
Already a citizen?
A Certificate of Citizenship may be available to you if you were born outside the U.S. and automatically gained U.S. citizenship through birth to or adoption by a U.S. citizen.
HELP IS HERE
At ABCD, we offer many services to help you with the naturalization application process. These include
- A screening session at one of our ABCD neighborhood sites;
- Help with completing your application and fee waiver
- Preparation for your interview with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Just follow these steps
- Call us to schedule registration screening session
- Come in to be screened for eligibility (in person)
- Work with us to complete the application
- Mail your application
- Prepare for naturalization interview
- Take the oath of allegiance and become a U.S. citizen
ABCD’s Immigration Services program is partially funded by Project Citizenship.