ABCD Head Start Responds
ABCD Head Start and Early Head Start welcomes children back to the classroom. In addition, we are providing our families with food and other essentials during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In accordance with official guidance from the state of Massachusetts concerning the COVID-19 pandemic and the strict health and safety measures mandated by the federal Office of Head Start and the State Department of Early Education and Care, ABCD HEAD START & EARLY HEAD START has begun welcoming children back to our classrooms.
We have made extensive renovations and instituted new policies and procedures to create the healthiest and safest learning environments possible.
Please check this page regularly as we will make updates as needed.
In order to support children and families further, we have created the following systems:
- Families can visit ABCDChildren to access materials, information and resources on activities to do at home with children
- Families can visit ABCDParents to access materials on community resources, mental health, parenting, stress and other information
- Families can email HeadStartParents@bostonabcd.org or call 617.348.6995 and leave a message with any questions, concerns, or requests for information about referrals and resources. An ABCD staff member will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
- We intend to distribute food during the closure. We will send more information later this week with detailed information on where you can pick up bagged non-perishable foods.
- If your child is enrolled in extended day, please note that absences will not count towards your 45 day absence limit during the authorization period.
Families can find our weekly activities calendars in several languages here.