Setting Our Goals for the Future
The 2018-2020 Community Assessment Report & Strategic Plan is now available.
Click here to read the Executive Summary, or review any of the following data reports:
- ABCD Community Profile Report - This report provides statistical data on ABCD’s total service area.
- ABCD Community Data Report - This report provides a comprehensive collection of secondary source material, with a particular focus ABCD’s CSBG designated areas of Boston, Everett, Malden and Medford.
- ABCD Community Survey Data Report - This report provides descriptive statistics obtained through the Community Survey, which was administered to all community members, including low-income residents and customers across the Commonwealth and looks to obtain qualitative data on the causes and conditions of poverty and the needs of families and communities.
- ABCD Focus Group Report - This report compiles data captured through Focus Groups as part of the development of the FY18-FY20 Community Assessment Report and Strategic Plan.
- ABCD Map Visualizations - This report visualizes statistical data on ABCD’s service area and target populations in a map format.
Every three years, ABCD conducts a strategic planning process to assess and identify the needs of the low-income residents of Greater Boston. The extensive process included a community needs assessment, review of organizational priorities and service delivery strategies and engagement of a broad range of ABCD’s constituencies – Board members, community residents, staff and members of the local government, business and nonprofit communities.
2015-2017 Community Action Plan
The 2015-2017 Community Action Plan (CAP) summarizes the findings from the strategic planning process and outlines ABCD’s goals and objectives for combating poverty and promoting self-sufficiency for the next three years. ABCD developed goals and objectives on two levels; first, in relation to the cross-cutting issue identified through the process of internal assessment, and second, as part of a program-by-program review. Key recommendations were identified in each topic area for strategic implementation over the next three years.
We invite you to download an Executive Summary of the 2015-2017 Community Action Plan and to see what we learned about our clients and to find out more about our goals through 2017.
ABCD compiled numerous sub-reports as part of the 2015-2017 Community Action Plan, to access any of these reports, please click on one of the links below:
- 2015-2017 CAP Community Data Report: this report is a comprehensive collection of secondary source material for Boston and its neighborhoods. For organizational and strategic purposes, the report is divided into eight sections: Economy and Employment, Education, Health, Housing, Income and Poverty, Population and Households, Public Safety, and Special Populations.
- 2015-2017 CAP Community Map Report: mapping visualizations of data compiled in the Community Data Report.
- 2015-2017 CAP Focus Group Report: this report details findings from eight focus group discussions on mental health, immigration issues and living in poverty.
- 2015-2017 CAP Community Survey Report: this report presents analyzed data from 1,169 surveys collected from community members identifying trends, customer characteristics, and service needs.