New Date for ABCD Field of Dreams: September 26, 2016.
This signature ABCD event was rained out on June 28th, but we've rescheduled for September 26th and are ready to play ball!
For the past 18 years, local businesses have formed teams and enjoyed the opportunity of a lifetime—the chance to play at Fenway Park. Corporate teams match up on the historic diamond, and support ABCD’s SummerWorks program, which places low income Boston youth in paying jobs while providing them with dedicated mentoring, career readiness and important life skills. kids to work.
Field of Dreams is co-chaired by Lew Eisenberg, John Sasso.
In 2015, Field of Dreams raised $335,000, making dreams come true for more than one thousand teens and young adults eager anxious to work, learn, and start building a promising future. You can see the great results here.
A Day of Dreams Come True
Thank you to all of our teams and sponsors for making last year's 18th Anniversary of Field of Dreams a huge success!
For the past 18 years, it’s been the opportunity of a lifetime—the chance to play ball at Fenway Park. Corporate teams match up on the historic turf, and support ABCD’s SummerWorks program, putting inner-city kids to work. This event is co-chaired by Lew Eisenberg, John Sasso and Craig Nesta.
In 2015, Field of Dreams raised $335,000 making dreams come true for thousands of kids anxious to work and stay off the hot, dangerous streets. You can see the great results here.
Price and Amenities
This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity includes:
· One full game of softball at Fenway Park.
· Game length is five full innings - 1 hour
· Each team is made up of 22 players, 3 coaches and 1 team manager.
· Use of the dug-outs.
· Unlimited guest list to Fenway Park for the day.
· Full-page advertisement in the official Field of Dreams program book.
· Free ballpark concessions for your team and guests, courtesy of Aramark.
· Team photos in front of the Green Monster.
· A variety of off-field activities and entertainment for kids such as; face and tee shirt painting, free baseball card pictures for adults and kids, and a photo booth.
They Hit It Out of the Park
In so many ways, the Boston Red Sox are our heroes! The Boston Red Sox organization has demonstrated its steadfast commitment to creating better futures for low-income youth through Field of Dreams, and we couldn’t be more grateful.
They’re joined by corporate sponsors Aramark and of course, our corporate teams!
Interested in getting involved? We’re signing up teams and sponsors for 2015 now!
We would like to thank everyone who participated and made our #Captionthis contest a success!
The winner of this year's contest is ...Teddy Kokoros!
Stay tuned for our contest with Hoop Dreams in September!
*Winner has been announced - Thank you to all who participated!*
Get creative with ABCD’s Field of Dreams #captionthis contest!
The winner will receive four FREE tickets to an upcoming Red Sox game at the legendary Fenway Park!
HOW TO ENTER:
Twitter rules: Use our handle @bostonabcd and the hashtag #ABCDFieldofDreams
to tweet/post a caption for the following photo:
Sample tweet: "Wilding out on the Wall with Wally #ABCDFieldof Dreams @BostonABCD "
Facebook rules : On our Facebook page Action for Boston Community Development
leave a comment/caption under the photo above to enter!
Sample Caption Post: "Wilding out on the Wall with Wally "
Up to five entries per social media account. Each post constitutes one entry. Participating via Twitter AND Facebook is permitted; however, anyone found to be using duplicate accounts within the same social media network will be disqualified. Contest is in effect from Friday, June 24, 2016 2 p.m.. All entries must be entered by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, June 29, 2016, use Facebook or Twitter to win.
To enter the contest without participating on social media, send a 3×5 card with your full name, address, phone number, and email address to Action for Boston Community Development, Inc., c/o #CaptionThis Contest, Public Information Department, 178 Tremont St., Boston, MA, 02116. Up to five mail-in entries per person. Entries must be received by Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 5 p.m.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ ALL RULES BELOW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING RULES.
- No purchase, pledge or donation necessary.
- Contest is limited to residents of Massachusetts who are age 18 or over. Employees of ABCD may not participate. Void where prohibited by law.
- In order to be counted, an entry cannot be defamatory, obscene, lewd, or inappropriate, or contain any material owned by a third party, or any trademarks, service marks, logos, brands or products other than those owned by ABCD. Entries may not contain photos of minors. All entries must be complete to be eligible.
- ABCD reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not adhere to the established rules.
- The winner will be determined by assigning a number to each entry, putting them into a random number generator and selecting a number at random. Estimated odds of winning are determined by the number of entries received.
- The winner will be announced on June 30, 2016 via Twitter (@BostonABCD) and on ABCD’s Facebook page. If the winning entry was mailed in, the winner will be contacted privately with the phone number or email address they provided.
- If the winner fails to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the tickets by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on July 13, 2016, a new winner will be selected at random as described above.
- The tickets are not transferable; no substitution will be allowed and tickets may not be redeemed for cash or other consideration.
- The winner may be required to furnish proof of identity and contact information and to sign a receipt and a media release permitting ABCD to use the winner’s name and likeness for public relations purposes.
- The winner is responsible for payment of any tax obligations associated with his or her participation in this contest and agrees to cooperate fully with ABCD in fulfilling any tax reporting responsibilities ABCD may have regarding the award of the tickets to the winner.
- This contest is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. By entering, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts for resolution of all disputes.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administrated by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook.
- By submitting your entry to the contest in accordance with the official rules, you hereby grant ABCD and its designees the perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, promote, publish, and otherwise use your entry and/or its contents in any way and in any media for promotional and/or any other purposes, as ABCD and/or its designees may determine or see fit.
- By participating in this contest, you agree, on behalf of yourself and your heirs, assigns, and estate, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ABCD, Twitter and Facebook and their affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns from and against any and all liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred as a result of your participation in this contest.
Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
178 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02116