The First Step
ABCD Early Head Start serves pregnant women, infants, and toddlers, providing very young children with care and education proven to aid brain development in the earliest years. Early Head Start services prepare children to enter preschool and teaches new parents skills they need to be caregivers through:
- High Quality Education
- Individualized Curriculum
- Family Education and Case Management
- Disability Services
- Mental Health Services for Children and Families
- Meal Plans
- Health Screenings (Including Dental, Vision and Hearing)
Who Is Eligible for Early Head Start?
Head Start offers free services to families who reside in Boston and meet federal low-income guidelines. Families who receive public assistance or other benefits may also be eligible.
Early Head Start provides services for pregnant women, babies, and toddlers up to three years old.
How Do I Apply?
Visit or call your neighborhood Head Start site today at 617-348-6272 to make an appointment with a family case manager. Bring the following to the appointment:
- Your child's birth certificate or proof of birth
- Household income verification
- Two proofs of City of Boston residency.
There are other Head Start programs throughout the state also funded by the federal government with similar rules and eligibility.