Asian American Civic Association
The Asian American Civic Association is an ABCD neighborhood affiliate site.
Since 1967 the AACA has been providing social and education services to low-income Asian immigrants, helping them to achieve economic and social self-sufficiency. The AACA is a vital resource to immigrants settling in Greater Boston, annually serving more than 2,000 Asian newcomers.
The Asian Civic Association offers services and programs that include:
In addition, the Asian Civic Association offers the following services:
- Interpretation and Translation Services: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), and more.
- Job Development and Placement: job search and placement assistance, job counseling, career and job opportunities information and referrals.
- Homeowner Program: one-on-one counseling and case management for first time home buyers, home search assistance, home buying and mortgage applications, and assistance with other related home buying procedures.
- Housing Counseling: counseling on housing issues, and assistance with the search for safe and affordable housing. Information about housing resources, tenants’ rights education, and housing referrals to appropriate housing authorities or agencies, and mediation between landlords and tenants.
- Vocational Skills Training: in the areas of facility maintenance and banking and finance services, as well as assistance in job placement.
- Mental Health Counseling: direct mental health counseling, support services and advocacy, in individual and family settings.
- Alternative Energy Installation: information about alternative energy programs, resources for installation of alternative energy, and assistance with the installation of alternative energy products.
- Financial Counseling: financial management and budgeting, as well as counseling specifically for elderly populations receiving Social Security.
- Youth Entrepreneurship Program: 12-week program providing youth with instruction and guidance in a variety of entrepreneurship and leadership activities as well as an opportunity to create their own small community-minded business.
- Chinatown Youth Leadership Council: advisory panel comprised of teens and young adults living in and around Chinatown, who meet to identify community needs.
- Next Step: For individuals that have completed ESOL, the Next Step program provides basic job skills, job search, and job readiness or information to obtain formal education.
Visit the Asian American Civic Association website.
Chau Ming Lee, Director, Asian American Civic Association
The AACA is located in downtown Boston's Chinatown at 87 Tyler St Boston, MA 02111.